Sunday 16 February 2014

Week 5

We worked on more recursion, except a bit more "advanced" stuff. I'm getting the hang of recursion again, been almost a full year since I did python. The lab was about "Python idioms", which is basically some really compact code that does a lot of stuff related to for-loops, except it is really short. In that lab, we got to convert that awesome python-idiom code into a really long (in some cases, nested) for-loop or while-loop mess and do the exact same procedure as executed by the python-idiom script. The functions we got to implement did pretty basic tasks such as dot product. The whole thing was a really great set of exercises and I think everyone enjoyed doing this lab.

Besides the lab, we learned something called "binary search" and I'm pretty sure I know what is going to come up during the next week related to "search". Lectures seemed short; I guess time flies when you're in a lecture that involves programming. Next week is going to be complex, I can already tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment